Sholing Football Club is proud to announce the formation of its full-time academy for players aged between 16 and 18 years of age for the 2019/20 season.
The club is launching a 2-year programme where individuals will have the opportunity to play and train under the umbrella of one of Hampshire's biggest and most successful semi-professional football clubs, whilst working towards a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma In Sport (Development, Coaching & Fitness) which is the equivalent of 3 A Levels.
By being part of the Sholing Football Club Academy, there are genuine pathways to play for the first team but with the programme being a college programme held between Monday and Friday, students will still be able to play for their local grassroots sides at the weekend as well.
Individuals who are selected into the Academy will receive up to 10 hours of coaching from highly qualified FA Level 3 and Level 2, experienced football professional coaches.
The Education and Football Training side of the programme will based from Wynter Road Playing Field, Bitterne and friendly and league home games will be played at Sholing Football Clubs home ground, The Universal Stadium.
Matt Beckingham, Sholing Football Club Academy Manager, said “we are delighted to now be linking up with Sholing Football Club and coming under their umbrella. Since September 2018 we have been running a pilot scheme which has proved very successful and popular and now joining with Sholing Football Club from September 2019 we are very confident that the Academy will go from strength to strength. We will now be able to offer all players a clear pathway into a very successful semi professional first team but also offer coaching opportunities to those looking to pursue a career in coaching as well, so in essence we feel confident we can offer the best of both worlds.”
Gerry Roberts, Sholing Football Club Chairman, had said “the club is very happy this has finally materialised as a lot of hard work has gone into making this a reality, this really is a great opportunity for our players to further their playing career but also a possible coaching career as well.”
Dave Diaper, Sholing Football Club First Team Manager, commented “Sholing Football Club has always been keen to promote younger players into the First Team on a fast track ability recognition bases and this gives us the opportunity to put this vision into practice.”
Trial dates will be announced very shortly, but in the mean time, please register your interest in the academy, by emailing, Academy Manager, Matt Beckingham : firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 328326
Why Choose Sholing FC`s Academy?
Sholing FC will be introducing a Full Time Football and Education Programme Academy in September 2019. This is a unique opportunity for 16-18-year-olds to pursue a 2-year programme.
Staying at school or going to college is not the right choice for everyone, but you can still gain a first class education that will get you to a university by choosing Sholing FC. If the idea of staying on at school or going to college is not for you, then why not consider studying your education at Sholing FC within the club`s academy?
We will ensure that players are fully prepared for the future. The Academy includes a full-time education package incorporating:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma In Sport (Development, Coaching & Fitness) Equivalent Of 3 A Levels – Allows access to university and further study as well as opening the door to a coaching career.
- During your two years, you can also earn qualifications that will help you gain employment in the sport and leisure industry; as well as training and competing in games against other clubs in the Non-League and Football League.
- The course is based at Wynter Road Playing Field, with friendly/league games being played at Sholing Football Clubs, Universal Stadium
- Study BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma In Sport (Development, Coaching & Fitness) Equivalent Of 3 A Levels – Allows access to university and further study as well as opening the door to a coaching career.
- Full-time 2-year course.
- At least 10 hours of professional coaching per week.
- Available to students aged 16-18 years of age on completion of their GCSE’s or students who have completed one year at college.
- A keen interest in the football or sports industry.
- Undertake coaching qualifications and refereeing qualifications.
- Work experience opportunities in the sport and leisure industry.
- Play against clubs in The Non-League & The Football League.
- Professionally trained by FA Level 3 and FA Level 2 Licensed coaches.
- Access to sports performance tracking GPS vests (like the professionals use).
- Access to strength and conditioning advise via Solent University.
- Become part of Sholing Football Club and represent the club.
- Watch the first team play at Universal Stadium.
Exit Routes Post Programme Completion:
- Professional Clubs
- USA Scholarships
- UK Universities
- Sport & Leisure Sector
- US Coaching Opportunities
To register your interest in the academy, email Academy Manager, Matt Beckingham : email@example.com or call 02380 328326